Thermal Imaging Microscope for Research and Development
In the development of micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) such as microreactors, micro heat exchange systems, microactuators, and microsensors, spatial temperature distribution and thermal response time are among the most important parameters. Because a non-contact approach is required to measure the temperature of MEMS components, Micro is a powerful tool for microscopic temperature characterization, providing detailed thermal images with up to 5μm/pixel spatial resolution. The thermal image on the right displays an area on a micro heater that is 6.4mm in width.
The continued growth in applications like fiber optic communications is leading to greater demands on electro-optical devices such as laser diodes, regarding power requirements and thermal dissipation. Micro provides an effective method to analyze the thermal performance of device materials and thermal substrates.
Miniature Medical Devices
When testing small medical devices such as catheter heating coils, the temperature distribution and thermal response time are important in characterizing their performance. Micro offers an accurate non-contact measurement method with up to 5μm/pixel spatial resolution. The thermal image on the right displays a miniature coil element that is 500 microns in diameter.
Electronics Temperature Measurement and Analysis
- Passive electronic components like resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, diodes, transistors, poteniometers, inductors, solenoids and sensors
- Passive transducers and sensors like accelerometers
- Electromechanical devices such as crystals
- Optoelectronic devices such as LEDs and SSR
- Display technologies like LED, LCD, and Neon
- Active semiconductor components like diodes, photo diodes, LED, solar cells and amplifiers
- Transistors including MOSFET, SCR and IGBT
- Semiconductor die junction temperature
- Integrated circuits packages such as BGA, FPGA and bare wafers
- IC technologies like microprocessors and memory (RAM)